In a year, more than 130,000 people come to study in Canada. Some of them come to learn languages such as English or French. Others come to improve their knowledge and skills by enrolling themselves in reputable colleges, universities, or trade schools in Canada.

To be able to study in Canada, you must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada. You must prove that you are financially capable in meeting educational expenses and living expenses while studying in Canada. You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record. You must be in good health and has passed the medical examination before coming to Canada.

Once in Canada, you can apply to extend your student permit if you wish to continue further education. Work permits for students are also available under the following categories: Working On Campus, Working Off Campus, Co-op and Internship Programs, Working after Graduation, and Work for Your Spouse or Common-law Partner.

If you want to explore the possibilities of studying in Canada, the Standard Immigration Group can assist you. Please email our office at If you are already in Canada and would like assistance on any of the Work Permits for Students, please call our office at 604 899 1124.